Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chai Green Tea Popsicles

I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago. A good friend encouraged a bunch of us to follow a cleanse which included eliminating caffeine. I had massive headaches and was nauseated for days and then felt so good that I decided to dramatically reduce my daily caffeine intake. I moved to a couple of cups of green tea in the morning and am now addicted to the taste. I am always on the lookout for recipes using green tea.
7 yr old Zola loves these popsicles. Her comment "These are amazing!"

These popsicles are a wonderful, refreshing, cooling treat on hot summer days. They are delicious, easy to make, and healthy. Primarily made from chai green tea; I add peaches, spices and a bit of creamy unsweetened almond or coconut milk. This combination is sweet enough for me but you could add a sweetener if you want. I suggest using coconut sugar or honey. Don't mess up the "healthy" factor with granulated white sugar!  Happy summer everyone!


Chai Green Tea Popsicles
(makes 10-12 popsicles depending on the size of your molds)

3 cups boiling water
4 chai green tea bags
2 small peaches, pitted and quartered
3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
coconut sugar to taste (optional)

Pour the boiling water into a heat safe bowl and add the tea bags. Steep until the water is cool. Add cooled tea, peaches, nut milk and spices to blender and blend until smooth. Taste and sweeten if desired. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until firm.

Note, my popsicle molds allow me to insert the stick immediately. If you are using wooden sticks, or your sticks do not clamp onto the mold, freeze the molds for about an hour and then insert the sticks. This will prevent them from sliding to the side. Hint..set a timer for 1 hour...otherwise you may forget about the sticks...I have:)

Click Here for Printer Friendly Recipe

It is "Frozen Treats " week at Food Network's #Summer Soiree
roundup. Check out the other delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends. Have a favorite frozen treat recipe?  Share in the comments section and/or link to your blog if you have one. 



For a savory frozen treat:

best,
diane
napa farmhouse 1885

I have started sharing my Taos experiences on my newest blog "California Girl in Taos". Please visit and let me know what you think.

No comments: