Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fresh Carrot, Banana & Peach Smoothie

This post is short and sweet....Make this smoothie!  It is delicious.

I woke up yesterday morning feeling like a cold was coming my way.  I am determined to stay healthy this year...last February's pneumonia was enough to last a lifetime.  So I decided to make a smoothie that would blast away any potential bugs.  I had carrots, bananas and peaches on hand.   I had no idea the combination would taste so good.  Amazing!  Give it a try...you don't need to wait for the onslaught of a cold!

Fresh Carrot, Banana & Peach Smoothie
(makes 2 smoothies, 8 oz each)

Ingredients
8 oz carrot juice (freshly juiced or purchased organic juice)
1 banana (sliced and frozen)
1 fresh peach, pitted and sliced
1 cup water
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp ground chia seed)

Freeze carrot juice in ice cube tray.  When frozen add carrot juice ice cubes to blender. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse until well mixed and frosty. Serve immediately.

Click here for Printer Friendly Recipe


 
It is "carrots" week at Food Network's Fall fest. Check out the other delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends.  Have a favorite carrot recipe of your own? Please share in the comments section of this post. 

Feed Me Phoebe: Carrot Cake Pancakes
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Fresh Carrot, Banana and Peach Smoothie
Red or Green: Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots with Cayenne Pepper
And Love It Too: Carrot Cake Blondies with Cinnamon Coconut Butter
Virtually Homemade: Easy Carrot Torte
Made By Michelle: Carrot Apple Bread
In Jennie's Kitchen: Carrot Persimmon Cake
Devour: Roasted Carrots with Cumin and Coriander
The Sensitive Epicure: Chimichurri Carrots
Domesticate Me: Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
The Heritage Cook: Roasted Maple Dilled Carrots and Shallots
FN Dish: 10 New Ways to Devour Carrots

best,
diane



I have started sharing my Taos experiences on my newest blog"California Girl in Taos". Please visit and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Migraine Home Remedies said...

Carrot is an excellent remedy for migraine. Not just for migraine. It is an excellent way to imorove the quality of your skin. I am going to try this

Fire Safety Tips said...

I so love the way the article is presented. I am planning to follow the blog.