Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Oven Baked Bacon (and a Bacon Recipe Roundup)


When I am serving bacon to a large crowd, I always bake it in the oven. So easy, and virtually no mess! My friends always ask me for the recipe (no recipe, just a technique), so I thought I would share the method and post a few of my favorite recipes.  Ahh..bacon!


Oven Roasted Bacon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon strips directly on top of foil...or you can add a rack to the sheet and place the bacon on top of the rack...frankly, I have prepared the bacon both ways and do not see much of a difference).


Bake bacon in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip slices and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes....caution...watch bacon carefully during the last few minutes...it goes from cooked to burnt really fast!


Remove from oven and place bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Pat extra fat off bacon and allow to cool....tear into bite sized pieces. Reserve bacon drippings from baking sheet.



Now that you have a pile of fresh, hot, crispy bacon, here are some of my favorite way to use the bounty:


It is Bacon week at Food Network's Comfort Food Feast roundup. Do you have a favorite bacon recipe to share? Please list (or link) in the comments below. And be sure to check out the other delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends and Food Network. 

The Lemon Bowl: Roasted Green Beans with Bacon
Creative Culinary: 
Bacon, Potato and Leek Soup with Roasted Garlic
TasteBook: 
Smokey Caramelized Onion, Coffee & Bacon Jam
Healthy Eats: 
5 Better Ways to Put Bacon on Everything
Napa Farmhouse 1885: 
Oven Baked Bacon (and a Bacon Recipe Roundup)
Taste with the Eyes: 
Hawaiian Wedding Shower, Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Appetizer
The Mom 100: 
The Ultimate BLT Sandwich
Dishin & Dishes: 
Bacon Chipotle Caramel Crack
FN Dish: 
6 Ways to Make Over-the-Top Foods More Over the Top ... with Bacon

best,
diane


I have started sharing my newest blog "California Girl in Taos."  Please visit and let me know what you think.

No comments: