Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Almond Vanilla Chai Smoothie


I decided this was the week to post my favorite seems-decadent-but-is-actually-amazingly-healthy smoothie. Vegan, gluten free, no sugar added, chock full of protein...this smoothie has it all. Best of all it tastes delicious!


I have been having a healthy smoothie every day for breakfast or lunch for the past few weeks. I usually start with almond or coconut milk and a scoop of my favorite organic raw protein powder. Then I mix it up with different ingredients: greens, fruit, nut butters, spices, vegetables, unsweetened dark chocolate, healthy fats, whatever I have on hand. These smoothies are so filling, satisfying and delicious that I don't need to eat anything until the next meal.

Today's version is a take on chai. Almond milk, vanilla protein powder, almond butter and loads of spices blended together until thick and creamy. I often add berries or a handful of greens to amp up the nutrients. Either way fast, easy, delicious and healthy. How good does that sound?



Almond Vanilla Chai Smoothie
(makes one meal size smoothie or 2 side servings)

Ingredients
12 oz unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup almond butter (no sugar added)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp allspice plus more for sprinkling
1/2 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated if possible)
1 tbsp pure Tahitian vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
1 scoop organic raw vanilla protein powder
2 ice cubes

optional ingredients
1 cup blueberries or raspberries
or
1/2 cup baby spinach
or
1/2 kale

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. Process until smooth and frothy. Pour into large glass and sprinkle with additional allspice. Serve immediately.

Click Here for Printer Friendly Recipe

It is "No-Cook" week at Food Network's Sensational Sides roundup. Check out the other delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends. Do you have a favorite no cook recipe ? Feel free to share in the comments section or link to your blog if you have one. Blogger's recipes will be posted at noon on Thursday.

best,
diane
napa farmhouse 1885

I have started sharing my Taos experiences on my newest blog "California Girl in Taos". Please visit and let me know what you think.

No comments: