Wednesday, April 18, 2012

need to find a local farmers' market?

our local farmers' market opens the first week of may.  i cannot wait...visiting the market on a weekly basis is one of my favorite things to do.  carrying an overflowing basket of impossibly fresh, beautiful and delicious fruit and vegetables, creating recipes on-the-spot based on what is available, talking with the farmers who actually grow our food, visiting with friends....a perfect, perfect day.  i wish more people would/could support their local farmers' markets.

to do this, you have to know where the markets are located.  last winter i received the following email:

"Hi Diane,

My name is Evan and I'm a senior at UCSB in California who is dedicated to eating organic, locally-grown food. I stumbled across Napa farmhouse when I was researching data for a farmers' market comparison table that I'm compiling. This database of farmers markets can be narrowed down by location, the type of produce sold, forms of acceptable payment etc. I hope my tool will help shoppers access locally-grown or organic foods they are looking for. Please check it out and let me know what you think.


I would really appreciate your feedback!"

how cool is this?  i so love the fact that this is a school project.  it is always such a joy to hear of young adults committed to eating local, organic/sustainably grown food.  check out evan's search tool and please let us know what you think in the comments section of this post.  i will ensure evan receives your feedback.

support your local farmers!
best,
diane



Find a Farmers' Market Near You!


No comments: